The Australian Marine Complex (AMC) is open to partnering arrangements with the private sector in order to meet infrastructure needs within the complex and provides appropriate common use infrastructure to maximise the competitiveness of the marine, defence and resource industries within Western Australia.
The Australian Marine Complex ensures:
- Greater alignment of workforce skills and education with the needs of the marine, defence and resources industries; and
- Provides opportunities and a working environment to retain Western Australia’s skilled workforce and attract highly-skilled business migrants in the marine, defence and resource industries.
The vision for the Australian Marine Complex is:
“A world class centre of excellence for manufacturing, fabrication, assembly, technology, repair and maintenance servicing activities in the marine, defence and resource industries.”
The Western Australian Government’s objectives for the Australian Marine Complex are to:
- Attract and retain best in class businesses and projects to the AMC, consistent with the vision for the AMC and the policy objectives of the Western Australian Government;
- Develop and manage common use infrastructure at the AMC to match the needs of marine, defence and resource industries;
- Support and encourage supply chain strengths through the clustering of complementary businesses at the AMC; and
- Provide appropriate support for training, skills and capabilities for Western Australians in the marine, defence and resource industries to ensure the sustained, competitive success of the AMC enterprises and projects.